Mykonos, is an island that belongs to the Cyclades archipelago in the southern Aegean Sea. The cruise ships disembark their passengers in Mykonos town, also know as Chora, the capital of the island.
In the following photos we show you some of the most famous places in for you to design your visit / tour. If you have not purchased an excursion from your cruise ship, can save money if you design yourself the visit to . View the maps of at the end of this section, find the location of public transport (train, bus, taxi, boat...) and choose where to go... or hire a local tour. Has more on transportation in the section "travel information".
Mykonos, is an island that belongs to the Cyclades archipelago in the southern Aegean Sea. The cruise ships disembark their passengers in Mykonos (town, also know as Chora), the capital of the island.
The island of Mykonos, already inhabited since the 5th millennium B.C. (prehistoric settlement of Ftelia), essentially preserves the traditional architecture of this area. White houses, narrow and cobblestone streets, red or blue domes, and the windmills reflecting the economic activity of the past ... The harmony of the Mykonian architecture is really astonishing.
Since the fifties it has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. To provide services to all the tourists who visit the island today has a huge network of shops, hotels and some of the best beaches in the world. It is also known for its nightlife. Tranquility and fun in equal measure.
If this is the first time what you travel to Mykonos, the most common is see Mykonos Town and the archeological site of Delos island. Especially because Mykonos city has many places to contemplate, many beautiful sights to photograph, see shops or relax with a snack, and is difficult to see the city of Mikonos and another place at the same day in the hours that we have. If in the future you choose return here, in another cruise ship, you can choose to visit other places on the island as Ano Mera, Elia, Kalafati, its famous beaches ... Another option you have is to travel to Mykonos a whole week for see better the island and enjoy its night famous parties.
Whatever it is what you go to see.... you enjoy .
- Europe, Greece, Cyclades islands, island, cruise port of Mykonos town
- Atlantic ocean, Mediterranean sea, Aegean sea
- Coordinates (DDD): 37.448879, 25.328438
- Official map of South Greece
- Time zone in Greece is GMT+2
- Weather Forecast for
- Currency: Euro
How to get
- Many tourists come to Mykonos on cruise ships and are on the island only a few hours.
- The route Mykonos-Athens lasts for 5 hours by ferry. There are also connections to other islands.
- Port Authority of Mykonos, Hellenic Coast Guard, Phone: +30 22890 22218, www.hcg.gr
- Routes and schedules of ferries from the port of Piraeus, Hellenic Coast Guard, www.hcg.gr
- Port of Piraeus, Ministry of Mercantile Marine, www.yen.gr
- The route Mykonos-Athens lasts for 40 minutes by plane. There are several daily flights from Athens International Airport (Eleftherios Venizelos) and from other parts of Greece, there are also charter flights that connect Mykonos with airports across Europe.
- Direct flights, Athens International airport (El. Venizelos), Phone: +30 210 35 30 000, www.aia.gr
- Charter flights and scheduled flights, Mykonos Airport, Phone: +30 22890 79000, www.hcaa.gr
- Airlines of scheduled flights:
- Aegean Airlines, Phone: +30 22890 28720, +30 22890 28721, www.aegeanair.gr
How to get around in
- Buses, long-distance bus (KTEL), Phone: +30 22890 23360, +30 22890 26797, www.mykonosbus.com
- Radio taxis, Phone: +30 22890 22400, +30 22890 23700
- Car-bike rental:
- Avis, Phone: +30 22890 22960
- Europcar, Phone: +30 22890 27111
- Hertz, Phone: +30 22890 23791
- Tickets from Mykonos to Delos, Delos Tours, Kastro Street, Mykonos Town, Phone: +30 22890 23051, www.delostours.gr
Useful phone numbers
- International country code of Greece: 0030 (+30)
- Mykonos local area code: +30 22890
- European Emergency number (an ambulance, the fire brigade or the police): 112
- Embassies and consular offices of foreign countries in Greece
- Greek National Tourist Organization Office, Phone: +30 22890 25250
- Municipality of Mykonos, Phone: +30 22890 22201, +30 22890 23261, +30 22890 23990, +30 22890 24036
- Police, Phone: +30 22890 27000, +30 22890 28890
- Police (Tourist Division), Phone: +30 22890 22482
- Mykonos Health Centre, Phone: +30 22890 23994
- Post Office (Mykonos Town), Phone: +30 22860 22238, www.elta.gr
Advice for cruise passengers
Vaccines and health alerts
Alerts and warnings for international travel
Like many other places in the Mediterranean, has a spectacular cuisine based mainly on local produce. The wines get better every year. You can taste them by visiting the wineries of the village of Ano Mera.
You can eat when you have arrived at cruise ship, but it's hard to resist the temptation to leave here without to relish .
A little humor on topical issues in Greece.